The woman by the well.

Hey just wanna share about the sermon by Pastor Prince this Sunday.
I just felt a huge sense of His love for me and so... here it goes.

A Samaritan Woman Meets Her Messiah

Therefore, when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John (though Jesus Himself did not baptize, but His disciples), He left Judea and departed again to Galilee. But He needed to go through Samaria.
So He came to a city of Samaria which is called Sychar, near the plot of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from Hisjourney, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour.
A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.” For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.
Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.
10 Jesus answered and said to her, If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.
11 The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? 12 Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?”
13 Jesus answered and said to her, Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.
15 The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”
16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”
17 The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”
Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’ 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”



















I was just so astounded by what Jesus said.
The woman was just so lost trying to draw waters out of the relationship she had with her husbands.
But this water will just make her thirst for more and more.
Even though Jesus knew about her sin and what she did - adultery, He still spoke to her graciously and without condemnation.
If I was Jesus, I would surely judge her by what she has done and punish her or something haha.
But Jesus was so so so kind to such a woman like her.
I thought the best part was when Jesus said that He can give her waters so that she can never thirst again, and these waters will spring from within.
Wow. Jesus is the water we should draw from, not from man.
Man will just disappoint time and time again when you are looking for love in man.
But look to the One who has plenty of water who is overflowing with water, that water is Jesus.
And I just felt so loved when Pastor was sharing because in spite of all her sin, He still loved her.
Even though He knew about all her wrongdoings, He loved her.
And then I looked to myself, all my sins, all my shortcomings, Jesus loves me the same.
Nothing can change his love for me.

It's so stupid of us to keep condemning ourselves for what we have done wrong when He has already forgave all our sins.
And what more, when Jesus treated her with such grace in the old covenant, how much more in the new?
Yeah, and this is love man.
Not that someone did something sweet for you, not that someone makes your heart flutter.
But this is love.
When the Son of God hung on the tree, died for our sins because He loved us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Start.

Stay at Home Things.

Blessings.